Families battling cancer need more than a cure.

Family Reach Service Map
Impact & Financials

We work directly with oncology social workers at over 500 top-tier hospitals and cancer centers nationwide to provide thousands of families in cancer treatment with critical navigation, planning, education, and emergency relief. Since 2003, our community has helped more than 200,000 individuals from 50 states keep a roof over their head, put food on the table and maintain safe, reliable access to treatment.

Families served

Patient Age
0-17: 44%
18-30: 13%
31+: 43%

78% of the families we serve reported their household income was reduced by at least 50% after a cancer diagnosis.

75% are surviving on a post-diagnosis income of less than $50,000.

37% are single-parent households.
Common financial needs expressed by families served
63% Housing

Add impact to your brand by making a difference. When you support Family Reach, you and your followers will be helping thousands of families get back on their feet during cancer treatment.

14% Transportation

Financial toxicity is one of the most overlooked issues in the fight against cancer. Your support can help empower those who are struggling to have their voices heard.

8% Utilities

Diversify your reach by attracting new followers to your channels who care about our cause.

10% Other

From insider access to our 5-star culinary experiences and other exclusive events, to one-of-a-kind branded swag, it’s our way of saying thank you for helping us bring awareness to our important mission.

How it Works

We’re reaching more families battling cancer thanks to people like you. Our Financial Treatment Program have provided thousands of individuals with critical financial support.

$19 million allocated to families to help them keep up with everyday bills and maintain a safe, stable environment for their children.

18,000+ families received critical information from our Financial Guidebook to help navigate their cancer journey.

4,700+ individuals gained resource navigation support from our dedicated Family Reach social workers.

1+ million families are diagnosed with cancer each year. We’re giving them a voice through our data collection and research on the financial burden of cancer.

We’re proud to share that 82 percent of our funds go directly toward our programs and services for families. The remaining 18 percent ensure the organization can operate efficiently and effectively.

Family Reach has earned the highest possible rating from Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent nonprofit evaluator. Family Reach is also a gold-level nonprofit on GuideStar, the world’s largest source of information on nonprofits. These recognitions demonstrate our commitment to accountability, transparency and financial health.

Family Reach Annual Report
Family Reach 990
Family Reach Audit
Words from our Families