2022 HOKA Chicago Half Marathon + 5K
Run "Chicago's Hometown Race" as a Reach Athlete!
In it’s first year as a Reach Athlete event, the 2022 HOKA Chicago Half Marathon + 5K is a race you won’t want to miss! As our team travels to the Windy City this fall, they not only will be conquering the course but also helping us to continue providing financial support for families facing cancer.
Push the limits. Persist through the pain. Power forward. It’s what Reach Athletes do. It’s also what our cancer heroes and their families must do as they face months of uncertainty and devastating financial barriers. Their courage and strength inspire Reach Athletes to train, overcome obstacles, and keep moving forward. Think you have what it takes?
Being a Reach Athlete for the 2022 HOKA Chicago Half Marathon + 5K means getting a top-of-the-line race experience while making a tangible difference in the lives of cancer patients across the country.
All Reach Athletes receive:
- Pre-paid race registration into the 2022 HOKA Chicago Half Marathon OR 5K
- Extensive one-on-one, personalized fundraising support, including a toolkit for success
- Regular communication with Family Reach, including weekly emails and video calls with the team
- Reach Hero Inspiration: Our patients and families will inspire you throughout your training
- Race training support
- A Reach Athlete inspirational dinner, if safe to do so
- A Reach Athlete race singlet and branded apparel
- A dedicated finish line area to celebrate your achievement post-race!
All of our runners commit to fundraise a certain amount for Family Reach as a part of their participation in the 2022 HOKA Chicago Half Marathon + 5K. Priority will be given to runners who pledge over and above to required fundraising minimums.
Nonprofit Runners do not have a bib and will be provided access to one by Family Reach.
$1,000 Fundraising Minimum: Includes a complimentary pre-paid entry into either the HOKA Chicago Half Marathon OR 5K.
Family Reach is an official member of the 2022 HOKA Chicago Half Marathon + 5K Charity Program
Family Reach is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to removing the financial barriers standing between a cancer patient and their treatment. Loss of income, out-of-pocket expenses, and socioeconomic factors create disparities in the financial burdens families face. Family Reach delivers financial education, financial coaching, resource navigation, and emergency relief funds to patients and caregivers facing a cancer diagnosis so no family has to choose between their health and their home.