Financial Planning for Cancer: How to Manage Your Money During Treatment
Cancer treatment can wipe patients out financially just as quickly as it does emotionally and physically. In fact, the scary reality is that cancer patients are 2.65 times more likely to go bankrupt than those without cancer. Adding a financial expert to your care team can help you overcome the financial symptoms of cancer before they get in the way of healing.
Developed in partnership with the Foundation for Financial Planning (FFP) and the Financial Planning Association (FPA), our Financial Planning for Cancer program pairs cancer patients and their families with pro-bono financial planners to help with money management during cancer treatment. With expert guidance, patients can optimize their financial situation for free and finally gain some peace of mind. The program is a crucial element of our Financial Treatment Plan, designed to help families overcome Cancer-Related Financial Toxicity (CRFT).
Hear from patients and families who have already benefitted from Financial Planning for Cancer and alleviated their financial concerns:
Financial Planning for Cancer Quick Facts
- The Financial Planning for Cancer program is entirely free for patients.
- Get matched with a Certified Financial Planner™ in as little as two business days.
- Every CFP® completes training on the unique needs of cancer patients before receiving a match.
- Meet with your financial planner three or more times to develop a game plan that works best for you.
- Learn how to negotiate debt, leverage budgeting tactics, optimize insurance options, and reallocate funds for your current needs.
- Call us at 973.394.1411 to get connected with a Certified Financial Planner® today!
Always walking the fine line between her right and left brain, Stevie brings her creative and strategic thinking to her role as Creative and Brand Manager. Through writing and design, she amplifies Family Reach’s voice and brings attention to the financial barriers that often accompany a cancer diagnosis.
Check out some of our favorite moments from the virtual Cooking Live event that celebrated 10 years of Chef Ming Tsai’s support.
Written in honor of Pride Month, Mx. Anunnaki Ray Marquez’s guest blog details his husband’s cancer journey and its effects on his family.
Find out more from Chef Ming Tsai about his connection to the mission and what this 10-year milestone means to him.