Financial Planning for Cancer: How to Manage Your Money During Treatment
Cancer treatment can wipe patients out financially just as quickly as it does emotionally and physically. In fact, the scary reality is that cancer patients are 2.65 times more likely to go bankrupt than those without cancer. Adding a financial expert to your care team can help you overcome the financial symptoms of cancer before they get in the way of healing.
Developed in partnership with the Foundation for Financial Planning (FFP) and the Financial Planning Association (FPA), our Financial Planning for Cancer program pairs cancer patients and their families with pro-bono financial planners to help with money management during cancer treatment. With expert guidance, patients can optimize their financial situation for free and finally gain some peace of mind. The program is a crucial element of our Financial Treatment Plan, designed to help families overcome Cancer-Related Financial Toxicity (CRFT).
Hear from patients and families who have already benefitted from Financial Planning for Cancer and alleviated their financial concerns:
Financial Planning for Cancer Quick Facts
- The Financial Planning for Cancer program is entirely free for patients.
- Get matched with a Certified Financial Planner™ in as little as two business days.
- Every CFP® completes training on the unique needs of cancer patients before receiving a match.
- Meet with your financial planner three or more times to develop a game plan that works best for you.
- Learn how to negotiate debt, leverage budgeting tactics, optimize insurance options, and reallocate funds for your current needs.
- Call us at 973.394.1411 to get connected with a Certified Financial Planner® today!
How can Family Reach’s Financial Planning for Cancer Program help you or your loved ones? Here are the answers to your questions.
Night of Wonder guests ventured around the Boston Children’s Museum as they learned about Cancer-Related Financial Toxicity (CRFT) and interacted with some of our cancer heroes.
Learn more about Reach Athlete Tricia Gill and her journey to the ring on behalf of Family Reach for the Belles of the Brawl boxing event organized by Haymakers for Hope.