Family Reach CEO Carla Tardif reflects on 2023 and calls for community support before the year ends.
Financial Coaching: How to Manage Your Money During Treatment
Cancer treatment can wipe patients out financially just as quickly as it does emotionally and physically. In fact, the scary reality is that cancer patients are 2.65 times more likely to go bankrupt than those without cancer. Adding a financial expert to your care team can help you overcome the financial symptoms of cancer before they get in the way of healing.
Developed in partnership with the Foundation for Financial Planning (FFP) and the Financial Planning Association (FPA), our financial coaching service pairs cancer patients and their families with pro-bono financial coaches to help with money management during cancer treatment. It’s a crucial element of our services, which is designed to help families overcome the financial challenges of a cancer diagnosis.
Hear from families who received free guidance from a financial coach and gained some peace of mind about their finances:
Financial Coaching Quick Facts
- Financial coaching is free for patients and their families.
- Get matched with a Certified Financial Planner™ professional in as little as two business days.
- Every financial coach completes training on the unique needs of cancer patients before receiving a match.
- Meet with your financial coach three or more times to develop a game plan that works best for you.
- Learn how to reduce or negotiate debt, organize and prioritize bills, use budgeting tactics, select the best insurance options, and save on various costs.
- Call us at 973.394.1411 to get connected with a financial coach today!
Always walking the fine line between her right and left brain, Stevie brings her creative and strategic thinking to her role as Senior Creative and Brand Manager. Her work amplifies Family Reach’s voice and brings attention to the financial impacts of a cancer diagnosis.
Your holiday giving provides financial relief to families like these who are facing cancer this winter.
Curious what a donation to Family Reach does? Here’s a breakdown of how donations to Family Reach provide financial support to families facing cancer.