As 2015 comes to a close, I invite you to join me in celebrating and reflecting on a momentous year as we look forward to 2016. We’re grateful to everyone who has jumped on board to the Family Reach team. You’ve helped us thrive and grow our impact in serving families battling cancer nationwide. With your help, we’ve been able to provide them with the financial support and compassion when they’ve needed it most.
A lot happened at Family Reach this year, but I’d like to share 5 highlights and achievements. We’ve been inspired by each story and reminded of how lucky we are to be part of creating a positive ripple effect in the lives of the children and families we serve. Together, we are a movement. Together, we can ensure that everyone has a fair shot at getting to the other side of cancer. Together, in the words of one of our very special young heroes and survivors, ‘WE GOT THIS.’
1. In 2015, Family Reach provided 1,110 grants and helped over 10,300 individuals who were struggling with the financial burden of a cancer diagnosis. And, that’s something we’re toasting to this year!
2. Our incredible Reach Athletes have tackled some amazing, albiet sometimes a little crazy, athletic and endurance challenges this year. From a Death Race to running the length of Indiana to an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for completed burpees (in 24-hours) to spinning for 3 hours straight, there is very little they won’t do to push themselves for our families fighting cancer. Read more on this recent blog post.
3. Through the incredible insight and commitment of a few of our favorite champions, we launched the Industry Giving Circle. Read more about this exciting new venture.
4. One word: WOW! The Cooking Live event series (Boston and New York City) has not only helped to support hundreds of families we serve, it has been such an exciting and fun endeavor for some of our biggest champions. We are incredibly grateful to our National Advisory Board President and Cooking Live inspiration Chef Ming Tsai and all of the special guests who have joined us this year.
5. We’ve celebrated a few exciting milestones behind-the-scenes at Family Reach, including a website redesign, office move and truly honing in on our pulse and vision. We recognize the tremendous drive and passion of those we serve and those on the Family Reach team, and as we embark on 2016 we will continue to affirm that: We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at getting to the other side of cancer.
I also want to highlight the incredibly talented, charming and dedicated team at Family Reach. They’re the magic behind everything we do and the reason we have so much to celebrate this year!